WWW is a great weekly meme run by Should Be Reading and every week when I read people’s lists and immediately run off to add to my wishlist, I tell myself that I should really be taking part in this. I somehow never seemed to get around to it though – until now…
Okay, so we’re asked to share with all you lovely people our answers to what we are currently reading, what we recently finished reading and what we’re going to read next, so here it goes!
1. What are you currently reading?
I just started The River of No Return by Bree Ridgeway last night and while it’s too soon to tell if it’s going to sweep me off my feet and take me to reading heaven, I have been dying to read this one for a while. It’s one of my recent birthday books and I was lucky enough to get the pretty hardcover version. Not that appearance matters. I can’t even write that with a straight face! 🙂 It’s a time travel story with some romance and period drama-ness thrown in and I’ve heard nothing but good things on the blogs so I don’t think I can go wrong with this one!
2. What did you recently finish reading?
I just finished reading Scarlet by Marissa Meyer, another birthday book and the second in the amazing Lunar Chronicles series. For the first half of this book, although I was enjoying it, I could see what some of the mixed reviews I had read meant. After the first book, Cinder, I was so caught up in that world and was dying to know what would happen to her next so to jump back and forth between her story, and that of Scarlet, lost a teeny bit of the momentum for me. But the second half – wow! It was non-stop action and by the end I was dying to get home and order the next book in the series, Cress!
3. What are you going to read next?
Next I’ll be reading Sea of Shadows by Kelley Armstrong, the first in a new supernatural series by the author of the amazing Otherworld books. And Friday, already a good day as it’s the start of the weekend, is my favourite day of the month as it’s payday and that means it’s book buying day! Not that I don’t buy books other days but that’s the official day that I try (and usually fail!) to stick to. This Friday’s purchases will include:
- Cress by Marissa Meyer – No surprise there!
- The City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare – I’ve said before this series ran out of steam after the original 3 books but I can’t not know how it ends!
- Roomies by Tara Altebrando and Sara Zarr – I have been dying to read this after I first saw it mentioned on the blog but the only version available in the UK that I could find was a large print! Now, I can get my hands on just the right copy!
- Archetype by M.D Waters – Another one I’ve seen mentioned on the blogs and I’ve been looking to get my hands on. I’ve heard this is an un-put-downable book so I’m uber excited to read it!
- Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie Kinsella – Because sometimes after battles against evil alien queens, dystopian futures and supernatural forces threatening to destroy the very fabric of the world, all you really want is a nice no-brainer romantic comedy! 🙂
What about you guys? What are you/were you/will you be reading???