I had a very lovely surprise at the weekend when Denise over at Life With No Plot nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award! I’ve only been blogging for a few weeks – I know, from the uber slick look of my blog with its ultra basic design, lack of graphics and only 2 sections to it, you were probably shocked when you read that, but it’s true – so to get any comments at all, let alone be nominated for an award is amazing to me and much appreciated. So a great big thank you goes out to Denise for my nomination! Denise, when I finally get that lottery win and open up my bookshop in Paris, your name will be on the VIP invite list! 🙂
So there are rules to this whole being nominated thing – apparently it’s much like what Uncle Ben tells Peter Parker in Spiderman about how with great power, comes great responsibility. If you accept the award you have to write a post featuring the pic (done), thank the person who nominated you (done, and again thanks Denise! 🙂 ), tell the blogging world 7 things about yourself and nominate 7 other fab bloggers. And obviously let them know you’ve nominated them.
7 things about moi:
1. My favourite film is Midnight in Paris. It is such a magical, feel-good film and it has got me totally obsessed with Paris and specifically Paris in the 1920s. The idea that all these incredible writers, poets, painters, musicians…. were all there at the same time just blows me away!
2. When I was about 11 or 12 I got a poem published in a book of school children’s poetry. My parents were thrilled. They were less thrilled when they realised it was basically a character assassination of my older brother. It was called The Evil One.
3. I’ve learned that it’s never a good idea to ogle hot guys at the gym while on a moving treadmill. That is, in fact, very dangerous.
4. I’m scared of small spaces, clowns and those full body costumes. You know the ones you see mascots wearing with the removable heads? I had to hide in an empty meeting room last week when there was a guy walking about (for charity) wearing a minion from Despicable Me costume. I’m not even kidding. My boss had to come and get me when it was ‘safe’!
5. My top 3 book crushes are Jericho Barrons from the Fever series, Ethan from the Chicagoland Vampire series and Eric from True Blood. Mmm…..;-) My top 3 tv crushes are Stephen Amell from Arrow, Matt Bomer from White Collar and Jensen Ackles from Supernatural. Sigh…:-)
6. I have a slight obsession with tacky souvenirs and one of my prized possessions is a giant yellow foam claw for the California Golden Bears (University of Berkeley football team for non-Americans). Go Bears!
7. I really want to get a cat and call it Katniss.
There have been so many amazing blogs and bloggers that I’ve come across since I started, that narrowing it down to just 7 was almost impossible! In the end I went with these 7 because I always know I’m going to enjoy reading their latest blog post and they are all super fab peeps to boot! 🙂
1. Janae at The Hungry Runner Girl
2. Jessica at Unnaturelle Runner
3. Rebecca at Love at First Book
4. Lisa at Bookshelf Fantasies
5. Brittany at The Book Addict’s Guide
6. Chiara at Books for a Delicate Eternity
7. Amy at Ode to Jo and Katniss